ACU-THERM – Above Ground Pipelines
Acu-Therm PE100 pipe is manufactured with a highly reflective white exterior. This coating is extruded at the same time as the main pipe (co-extruded), forming an integral part of the pipe. This means more than 95% of the pipe is made of standard black PE material, with a thin white coating on the outside to reflect sunlight, reducing the amount of absorbed heat.
Co-extruded pipe technology has been around for years but has typically been more expensive than standard black poly pipe. Acu-Tech has invested in new state-of-the-art extrusion machinery that can produce co-extruded PE pipe very efficiently. This means that the cost of co-ex HDPE pipe is not much more than standard black HDPE pipe. Acu-Tech’s new machinery can also make white coex pipe with stripes of any colour, to help identify the contents of the pipeline. White pipe with blue stripes designates white water pipe, white pipe with red stripes designates white rural pipe, and white pipe with lilac stripes designates white recycled water pipe. Other colours can be custom made to order.
Acu-Therm HDPE pipe is the ultimate solution for above ground applications including temporary water supply, and offers the following advantages over black polyethylene pipe:
- Full white coating to minimise solar heating of pipe and contents; testing has demonstrated more than 50% reduction.
- Ultra-violet (UV) resistance
- Lower pressure rating can be used as lower operating temperature reduces the need to allow for pressure de-rating, enabling thinner wall pipe to be used. This provides cost savings in both material and through increased flow rates.
- Reduced thermal expansion / contraction mean less need to ‘snake’ pipelines
- Flexibility allows pipeline to accommodate topographical features.
- Excellent solution for above ground applications including temporary water supply.
- Coex Pipe or ‘Double Skinned Pipe’ means that the white material is extruded at the same time as the black material, bonding the two together.
- Manufactured to AS/NZS 4130 “Polyethylene – PE – pipes for pressure applications”
- Acu-Therm HDPE Pipe can be joined with electrofusion fittings, butt welding equipment or compression fittings.
If you need advice or guidance, we’re here to help.
Acu-Tech Piping Systems’ sales team have extensive experience in the supply of water pipeline installations. We encourage you to tap into this wealth of knowledge for advice and guidance. Our Sales Office is ready to take your call on 08 9238 8000 and will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, to send an email please click here.
This product is also available from our Brisbane HDPE Pipe Manufacturing Plant, which has the capacity to manufacture coex HDPE Pipe for above-ground mining applications in Queensland. As a QLD Pipe Manufacturer, Acu-Tech is a HDPE Pipe supplier in Brisbane, providing Coex white Polyethylene pipe for temporary water supply and mining applications. To buy Acu-Therm white co-extruded PE Pipe from our Brisbane Pipe Manufacturing Plant, contact us today on 1300 270 270.