ACU-THERM – Above Ground Pipelines
Acu-Therm PE100 pipe is manufactured with a highly reflective white exterior. This coating is extruded at the same time as the main pipe (co-extruded), forming an integral part of the pipe. This means more than 95% of the pipe is made of standard black PE material, with a thin white coating on the outside to reflect sunlight, reducing the amount of absorbed heat.
Acu-Therm pipe is the ultimate solution for above ground applications including temporary water supply, and offers the following advantages over black pipe:
- Full white coating to minimise solar heating of pipe and contents; testing has demonstrated more than 50% reduction.
- Ultra-violet (UV) resistance
- Lower pressure rating can be used as lower operating temperature reduces the need to allow for pressure de-rating, enabling thinner wall pipe to be used. This provides cost savings in both material and through increased flow rates.
- Reduced thermal expansion / contraction mean less needs to ‘snake’ pipelines
- Flexibility allows pipeline to accommodate topographical features.
- Excellent solution for above ground applications including temporary water supply.
- Coex Pipe or ‘Double Skinned Pipe’ means that the white material is extruded at the same time as the black material, bonding the two together.
- Manufactured to AS/NZS 4130 “Polyethylene – PE – pipes for pressure applications”
If you need advice or guidance, we’re here to help.
Acu-Tech Piping Systems’ sales team have extensive experience in the supply of water pipeline installations. We encourage you to tap into this wealth of knowledge for advice and guidance. Our Sales Office is ready to take your call on 08 9238 8000 and will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, to send an email please click here.