ACU-FIRE – The HDPE Pipe System for Water Supply to Hydrant, Hose Reel and Sprinkler Installations
Protection of both lives and property from fire damage is a crucial part of the design on every project. The Acu-Fire Pipe System has unique properties that make it the material of choice for below-ground fire main pipelines. Acu-Tech’s experience in supplying HDPE piping means we can quickly respond to your requirements for red-striped pipe lengths for hydrants, hose reels, and sprinklers. We stock the most common lengths and diameters and can custom make any specific sizes you may need.
Acu-Fire PE pipe is black with red stripes, for easy identification, and typically comes in 6 or 12 meter lengths, or coils for 32 mm pipe and 63 mm pipe.
Key features and benefits:
- Red stripe for clear identification.
- Heat-fused jointing systems create a monolithic structure that is stronger than the pipe itself, and completely leak-free. This eliminates rubber seals which can fail over time, also solving root intrusion problems, and provides pipeline integrity where installed in unstable ground.
- No dangerous chemicals or glues involved in jointing.
- No anchor or thrust blocks needed (joints are fully end load resistant)
- Extreme flexibility of pipe allows cold bending to accommodate minor changes in direction.
- Standard 12 metre lengths halve the number of joints required.
- High flow capacity due to smooth bore and end-to-end jointing.
- Manufactured to AS/NZS 4130 “Polyethylene – PE – pipes for pressure applications” and AS/NZS 4129 ” Fittings for polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications”
- May be installed under concrete slabs (refer to AS 3500.1.2003, Section 5.5.4 “Under concrete slabs”) Max operating pressure of 1600 kPa at 20°C, based on minimum 50 year design life and including a safety factor of 1.25.
- System can sustain short term pressure testing up to 2000 kPa at 20°C. Testing can begin 1 hour after the last weld has cooled, and also can be undertaken with an open trench provided the temperature of the pipeline is not higher than 20°C.
- Range of flange connection kits, valves, hydrant sets and hose reels available.
- Acu-Fire is available in 32 mm, 63 mm, 125 mm, 180 mm and 250 mm diameters as standard stock items.
- Coils are available in 32 mm and 63 mm. Larger sizes made to order.
- Acu-Fire HDPE Pipe can be joined with electrofusion fittings, butt welding equipment or compression fittings.
|Pipe Diameter||Pipe Type||Length|
|32 mm||HDPE pipe length – black with red stripes for fire mains.||6 or 12 m|
|63 mm||HDPE pipe length – black with red stripes for fire mains.||6 or 12 m|
|125 mm||HDPE pipe length – black with red stripes for fire mains.||6 or 12 m|
|180 mm||HDPE pipe length – black with red stripes for fire mains.||6 or 12 m|
|250 mm||HDPE pipe length – black with red stripes for fire mains.||6 or 12 m|
|32 mm||HDPE pipe coil – black with red stripes for fire mains.||100 m|
|63 mm||HDPE pipe coil – black with red stripes for fire mains.||100 m|
If you need advice or guidance, we’re here to help.
Acu-Tech Piping Systems’ sales team have extensive experience in the supply of below-ground fire main projects. We encourage you to tap into this wealth of knowledge for advice and guidance. Our Sales Office is ready to take your call on 08 9238 8000 and will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, to send an email please click here.