Acu-Tech stocks a range of detectable underground marking tapes, offering a superior level of protection and detectability for buried utilities.
Pipe Mains Marker Tapes or Underground Warning Tapes provide an early warning and detectable signal to help identify the location of underground pipelines. The tape is coloured and labeled according to the pipeline contents. Also know as ‘Visual early warning tape’, pipe marking tape is laid at half-depth above the pipes for underground services, to allow for any machine operators to discover the tape before damaged is caused to the pipe. The pipeline tracing tape contains a detectable wire, which allows convenient location with an electronic detector.
Acu-Tech supplies Pipe Marking Tape for the following applications:
- Water pipe marking tape,
- Recycled water pipe marking tape,
- Potable water pipe marking tape,
- Gas pipe marking tape,
- Sewer pipe marking tape,
- Electricity pipe marking tape,
- Storm-water pipe marking tape,
- Communications pipe marking tape,
- Fire mains pipe marking tape.
Features of Pipe Marking Tape include:
- The wire within the tape means it can be detected by metal detector from the surface.
- Non-detectable tape is available on request. Mains marker tape is made from lead free material.
- The box doubles as a dispenser, and prevents your tape roll from getting covered in dirt and grime.
- Pipe Marking Tape comes in a roll of 250 m long, and is 100 mm wide.
- The tape has high chemical resistance, and will not break down in the soil.
- Custom Text Tape is available on request.
- Made in Australia to AS2648 Part 1.
Electrical wire is also available, which is also laid alongside buried HDPE pipe to aid detection in future. Electrical cable is used to detect Gas pipes, and may also be known as detectable gas wire, detectable electrical wire or detectable pipe cable.
Colours and Product Code:
|Product Code||Description - Text on Tape||Colour|
|DETTAPEG||Danger - Buried Gas Main Below||Yellow|
|DETTAPEW||Danger - Buried Water Main Below||Green|
|DETTAPEF||Danger - Buried Firefighter Main Below||Red|
|DETTAPER||Recycled/Reclaimed Water - Do Not Drink||Purple|
|DETTAPEGR||Warning Grey Water - Do Not Drink - Non Potable||Purple|
|DETTAPES||Danger - Buried Sewer Main Below||Grey|