Acu-Tech supplies a large range of valves, including seated valves, gate valves, butterfly valves, P.E Valves and Check Valves. With Acu-Flow branding, these valves can be supplied torqued if required. Download the Acu-Flow Gate Valve data sheet below.
The most common type of valves are butterfly valves and gate valves:
- Butterfly valves have a rotating disc in the middle of the pipeline which pivots to open or close the pipeline. Butterfly valves are very common as they are reliable and low maintenance and can be fitted with a handwheel or a lever handle. Butterfly valves can have a lugged, wafer or flanged body. Shouldered Butterfly Valves and Lugged Butterfly Valves can be supplied to WaterMark approvals.
- Gate Valves work as a ‘gate’ which drops down to shut off the water supply and slides up into the body to completely open the pipeline without resulting in any friction. Gate Vales can be used to partially restrict flow. Gate valves have a larger & taller body, with a handwheel or cap, and can either have a wafer, lug or flange connection. Gate valves are used for pumping, irrigation, light industrial & domestic. Grooved Gate Valves, Shouldered Gate Valves, Knife Gate Valves, Flanged Gate Valves, and Sluice Gate Valves are all various types of Gate Valves, mostly used for water, sewerage and neutral liquids.
- Air Release Valves have a floating ball inside the valve, to control the pressure in the pipeline, and prevent explosion or collapse when the pressure changes.
- Monitored Valves and Electric or Pneumatic Butterfly Valves are available, to suit advanced pipeline design requirements.
- Check Valves are available (including manufactured from PE), to prevent air, water or other fluids from flowing back up the pipe. Check Valves can be supplied in Brass, Forged Steel, Cast Iron, or Stainless Steel.
- Less common valves including Globe Valves, Relief Valves, Solenoid Valves, Landing Valves, Ball Valves, Drain Valves, Drum Gate Valves and Needle Valves are also available.
Valves are available in a wide range of sizes to suit HDPE pressure pipe, and a variety of materials, including PE, PP, PVC, Brass, Steel and Stainless Steel.
Contact our team for more information about Valves – Acu-Tech’s range of valves is so extensive, it is almost impossible to list every size and type of Valve!