ACU-GAS – Making Gas Pipeline Installation a Breeze!
Gas distribution is an important sector for high integrity products where the safe transport of gaseous fuels is of paramount importance. Acu-Gas HDPE Pipe is the system of choice for below-ground natural and LP gas mains and distribution pipelines.
Acu-Tech has forged strong relationships with both gas-fitters and gas utilities over many years. We offer support, training and advice on complete package solutions.
Key features and benefits:
- Approved for below ground installations under AS 5601-2004: Gas Installations
- Full yellow coating for clear identification
- Electrofusion or Butt fusion jointing method creates a completely homogeneous joint which is stronger than the pipe itself.
- Integrity and durability proven in the field by utilities Australia wide.
- Flexibility of pipe allows cold bending to accommodate minor changes in direction, and also accommodates ground movement.
- Manufactured to AS/NZS 4130 “Polyethylene – PE – pipes for pressure applications” and AS/NZS 4129 “Fittings for polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications”
- Acu-Gas is available in 20, 40, 63, 110,160 and 225 mm diameters as standard stock items. Larger sizes made to order.
- Coils of up to 100 metres are available in 20, 40, 63 and 110 mm diameters, vastly reducing the amount of joints in a pipeline
- The relatively light weight of Acu-Gas makes it easy to transport, handle and install, offering overall project savings.
- Very high safety factor: According to AS5601-2004, operating limit is 200 kPa, whereas the hydrostatic design pressure for Acu-Gas SDR11 pipe is 2000 kPa (before safety factor).
- Live main self-tapping electrofusion tapping tees fittings available for “hot tap-ins”
- Gas flow through Acu-Gas pipe can be stopped by using a “squeeze-off” tool, where interruption is required for emergency, repair or tee-in operations etc.
If you need advice or guidance, we’re here to help.
Acu-Tech Piping Systems’ sales team have extensive experience in the supply of gas-fitters and utilities. We encourage you to tap into this wealth of knowledge for advice and guidance. Our Sales Office is ready to take your call on 08 9238 8000 and will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, to send an email please click here.