ACU-BLACK – PE100 Pipe Systems
The Acu-Black PE100 Pipe System incorporates the largest range range of pipe and fittings manufactured from high density PE100 material. Acu-Black pipe and fittings are utilised in a wide range of fluid and gas applications across the plumbing, mining, civil, energy and mechanical services markets. Built on nearly 50 years of industry research and innovation, PE pipes have a track record of exceptional performance and durability in many demanding applications.
Acu-Black PE100 material has a 50 year Minimum Required Strength (MRS) of 10 MPa. In practice however the actual strength is greater than the design strength, and PE100 pipelines are expected to last up to 100 years under normal operating conditions. The name Acu-Black comes from HDPE pipe’s black exterior. Carbon black is used in all black Acu-Tech PE100 pipes at a concentration of 2.25 ± 0.25% by mass as an ultra violet radiation absorber. This additive gives Acu-Black PE100 an extremely high resistance to UV for exposed pipelines.
Acu-Black HDPE Pipe can be joined with electrofusion fittings, butt welding equipment or compression fittings. Heat-fused jointing systems create a monolithic structure that is stronger than the pipe itself, and completely leak-free. This eliminates rubber seals which can fail over time, also solving root intrusion problems, and provides pipeline integrity where installed in unstable ground.
What range of pipe diameters and pressure ratings is available?
- Pipe sizes from 20 mm up to 800 mm diameter.
- Pressure ratings from PN6.3 to PN25 (SDR26 to SDR7.4)
- Standard straight lengths are 6 and 12 metres. Lengths of up to 22 meters are available to order.
- Standard coil lengths are 50, 100, 150 and 200 metres.
- Manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4130 “Polyethylene – PE – pipes for pressure applications” from compounds complying with AS/NZS 4131 “Polyethylene (PE) compounds for pressure pipes and fittings”
Note: The nominal diameter of PE100 pipe is its external diameter, not its internal bore diameter.
What ranges and types of fittings are available?
- Electrofusion couplers in diameters 20 mm to 800 mm.
- Full range of electrofusion fittings including elbows, tees and tapping bands in diameters 20 mm to 250 mm.
- Long spigot moulded elbows, tees, reducers, threaded adaptors and flanges for electrofusion and butt fusion in diameters 20 mm to 630 mm.
- Short spigot moulded elbows, tees, reducers and flanges for butt fusion in diameters 63 mm to 630 mm.
- Fabricated tees, reducing tees, long radius (sweep) bends and segmented bends.
- Custom fabricated fittings and manifolds.
- A range of transition fittings is available for connection to other plastic or metallic pipe.
- Manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4129 “Fittings for polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications”
If you need advice or guidance, we’re here to help.
Acu-Tech Piping Systems’ sales team have extensive experience in the supply of polyethylene pipe systems. We encourage you to tap into this wealth of knowledge for advice and guidance. Our Sales Office is ready to take your call on 08 9238 8000 and will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, to send an email please click here.
This product is also available from our Brisbane HDPE Pipe Manufacturing Plant, which has the capacity to manufacture Black HDPE Pipe in Queensland. As a QLD Pipe Manufacturer, Acu-Tech is a HDPE Poly Pipe supplier in Brisbane, providing polyethylene pressure pipe for fluids, general purpose, and mining applications. To buy Acu-black PE Pipe from our Brisbane Pipe Manufacturing Plant, contact us today on 1300 270 270.