ACU-RURAL WHITE -IMPERIAL PIPE SYSTEM FOR ABOVE-GROUND RURAL APPLICATIONS
In Australia’s harsh rural outback, black poly pipe is often affected by the constant heat from the sun, causing it to fail prematurely in areas where it has not been buried or covered. Acu-Tech Piping Systems provides a unique poly pipe product specifically for rural applications, which has a white exterior coating to reduce solar heating. Acu-Rural white poly pipe still comes with the familiar red stripes, and is manufactured to Australian Standards.
The Acu-Rural piping system is the no. 1 choice of ‘ag pipe’ for all water supply lines for farm troughs and dams, irrigation systems, vineyards, etc., providing reliability and longevity. Using new technology pipe extruders, Acu-Tech is able to incorporate this simple innovation into the Acu-Rural Poly Pipe range. The poly pipe is still made from the same HDPE material, but the white co-ex coating on the outside can reduce the solar heating of the pipe by more than 50%. Co-ex pipe means that the white material is extruded at the same time as the black material, bonding the two together, so the white skin forms part of the pipe wall. This means more than 95% of the pipe is made of standard black PE material, with a thin white coating on the outside to reflect sunlight, reducing the amount of absorbed heat.
Acu-Rural White poly pipe is an excellent solution for above-ground applications including temporary water supply. Because white poly pipe absorbs less heat from the sun, the temperature of the pipe wall will only reach slightly above the ambient temperature, whereas black poly pipe can heat up as much as double the air temperature when left exposed to the sun. With less heat, the poly pipe retains more pressure and does not bend and flex as much, leading to a longer life for your pipeline, and less time spent repairing leaks.
Acu-Rural White poly pipe is a much more cost-effective way to pipe water or other fluids for rural irrigation applications, and will ensure your time is spent productively. Acu-Rural black poly pipe is still available, and is best used for buried or covered pipelines. Acu-Tech’s rural poly pipe is available from mainstream farming supply stores. For custom size poly pipe or for bulk lengths, ask your local reseller to contact Acu-Tech Piping Systems.
Key features and benefits:
- All standard imperial rural sizes are available, but 1″, 1.5″ and 2″ are the most common.
- High quality HDPE pipe, made to remain robust even in harsh environments.
- Exterior white coating can reduce solar heating by more than 50%.
- Supplied in coils to reduce the number of joins and fittings required.
- All sizes are rated to 900 KPA (at 20°C), PN 9 (SDR 17).
- High impact strength and UV resistance guarantee a long lifespan.
- Acu-Rural White poly pipe 1 1/2″ OD 50m coil (RWR04017050) – 1.5″ (40 mm) OD rural PE ag pipe.
- Acu-Rural White poly pipe 1 1/2″ OD 150m coil (RWR04017150) – 1.5″ (40 mm) OD rural PE ag pipe.
- Acu-Rural White poly pipe 1 1/2″ OD 300m coil (RWR04017300) – 1.5″ (40 mm) OD rural PE ag pipe.
- Acu-Rural White poly pipe 2″ OD 100m coil (RWR05017100) – 2″ (50 mm) OD rural PE ag pipe.
- Acu-Rural White poly pipe 2″ OD 200m coil (RWR05017200) – 2″ (50 mm) OD rural PE ag pipe.
If you need assistance, we’re here to help.
Acu-Tech Piping Systems’ sales team have extensive experience in the supply of water pipeline installations, mainly using acu rural irragation pipe. We encourage you to tap into this wealth of knowledge for advice and guidance. Our sales office is ready to take your call on 08 9238 8000 and will ensure that your enquiry is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, to send a message please click here.