PE electrical and telecommunications HDPE conduit
Acu-Power and Acu-Comms hdpe conduit can be installed below ground by a variety of methods, including directional drilling, ploughing, and open trench. Also, its flexibility and availability in continuous coiled lengths facilitates installation into existing conduits or ducts as inner-duct. HDPE pipe is much more flexible than PVC pipe, and can be installed by directional drilling, or dozer direct-bury, something which could not be done with PVC conduit.
Cable conduit is manufactured from HDPE, with a coloured outer layer, known as coex (co-extruded), for easy identification. Electrical HDPE orange coex is used for electrical cable protection, and comms HDPE white coex is used for communications cable protection. Poly Conduit may also be known as Drill Pipe, due it its common installation via underground directional drilling. Visual early warning tape is available to lay in the ground above the conduit, to avoid damage by excavation. See www.acu-tech.com.au/products/pipe-marking-tape/ for pipe marking tape suited for telecommunications conduit and electrical conduit.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Bright colour coding; co-extruded outer layer for clear identification – orange (ACU-POWER) or white (ACU-COMMS).
- Supplied in coils which reduces the number of joints and fittings required.
- Cost effective installation, particularly using trench-less technology.
- High strength and flexibility allows cold bending.
- Lightweight and quick to install.
- High quality – extremely tough and durable.
- Manufactured from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
- ‘Elec HDPE Orange Coex’ is HDPE electrical conduit (Acu-Power) orange co-ex pipe.
- ‘Comm HDPE White Coex’ is HDPE communications conduit (Acu-Comms) white co-ex pipe.
- Trench-less installation greatly reduces environmental impact caused by excavation.
- Branded ACU-POWER or ACU-COMMS.
- Acu-Tech transport can deliver to site for a small fee, with HIAB unloading.
- To find out HDPE conduit coil weight, refer to our HDPE catalogue on the downloads page.
Acu-Comms communications conduit comes in the following sizes and lengths:
|Conduit Diameter||Conduit Length|
|63mm||140m & 200m|
Acu-Power electrical conduit is available in the following sizes and lengths:
|Conduit Diameter||Coil Length|
|63mm||140m & 200m|
|160mm||80m & 100m|