Acu-Tech Piping Systems can arrange weld testing of HDPE pipe, butt welds or electrofusion welds. Acu-Tech has partnered with PolyWeld Tech Academy – an independant poly testing company in Maddington, to provide weld testing of HDPE pipe, raw material, and fittings. PolyWeld Tech Academy is equipped with NATA accredited testing facilities specialising in tensile testing of butt welds and peel decohesions for Electrofusion welds, as well as a complete range of QA/QC tests.
NATA Accredited Laboratory Tests performed by PolyWeld Tech include:
- Tensile Testing of butt welded joints to ISO 13953 – Polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings – Determination of the tensile strength and failure mode.
- Bend Testing of butt welded joints to BS EN 12814.1 – 2000 – Testing of welded joints – Bend test.
- Electrofusion joint Peel Decohesion testing to ISO 13954 – Peel decohesion test for electrofusion assemblies.
In House Laboratory Tests Include:
- Electrofusion joint Crush Decohesion testing to ISO 13955 – Plastics pipes and fittings – Crushing decohesion test for polyethylene (PE) electrofusion assemblies.
- Shear and Peel Strength tests on geomembrane HDPE liners to ASTM D6392 – Determining the Integrity of Nonreinforced Geomembrane Seams Produced Using Thermo-Fusion.
- Oxidation Induction Time (OIT) to 11357-6 – Determination of oxidation induction time.
- Melt Flow Rate Testing to ISO 1133 Plastics—Determination of the melt mass-flow rate (MFR) and the melt volume-flow rate (MVR) of thermoplastics.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) to ISO 11357-1 – Differential Scanning Calorimetry Part 1 General Principles.
- Moisture and Volatile Content Analysis to ISO 15512 – Plastics — Determination of water content.
Visit PolyWeld Tech’s website at: www.polyweldtech.com.au/testing-facilities/
Polyweld Tech can conduct all third party QA/QC requirements both in our laboratory and onsite, including:
- Document and procedure assessment
- Parameter and Welding inspection services
- Tensile and Hydrostatic testing
- Raw material analysis and moisture content
- Welding equipment calibration and certification
Our wide range of in-house tools and testing equipment ensures you get an accurate analysis of the state of your HDPE pipe, welds or raw material.
Visit PolyWeld Tech’s website at: www.polyweldtech.com.au/qaqc-inspection-services/