A 45⁰ electrofusion elbow is used to join two lengths of poly pipe on an angle of 45 degrees. Electrofusion elbow 45⁰ fittings are also used to join a long spigot fitting to a piece of pipe on a 45⁰ angle. With a size range from 32 mm to 180 mm, 45⁰ electrofusion elbow fittings come in SDR 11 (which also suits SDR 13.6 & SDR 17).
Electrofusion 45⁰ elbows are rated to PN16 water and 1000 kPa gas. Electrofusion elbow fittings are made from PE100 material with a precisely moulded energising coil of wire, ensuring uniform melting for a strong electrofusion joint and the minimisation of welding and cooling times. 45⁰ elbow electrofusion fittings are suitable for use for HDPE pipe, and welded with an electrofusion pressure welder. 45⁰ electrofusion elbow PE fittings may also be known as an electrofusion elbow joiners or EF elbow pipe joiners.
45⁰ Electrofusion Elbow Fittings sizes available:
Training for Plumbers – Electrofusion Jointing for HDPE pressure and drainage pipes
- 32 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0032) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 40 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0040) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 50 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0050) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 63 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0063) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 75 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0075) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 90 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0090) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 110 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0110) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 125 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0125) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 160 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0160) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
- 180 mm electrofusion 45⁰ bend (2104.0180) 45⁰ EF elbow fitting.
As with welding carried out on any material used for engineering purposes, fusion welding of polyethylene (HDPE) for plumbing and drainage pipe systems is a skilled operation which must be carried out by suitably trained and certified tradespersons.
Training and accreditation is mandatory for plumbers under the Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA) as both AS/NZS 3500.1 Plumbing and drainage – Water services
and AS/NZS 3500.2 Plumbing and drainage – Sanitary plumbing and drainage
contain references to AS/NZS 2033 Installation of polyethylene pipe systems
. AS/NZS 2033 Clause 4.2 Fusion Jointing
specifies “Only trained and certified operators shall carry out fusion jointing”.
Acu-Tech facilitates Nationally Accredited training courses covering fusion welding procedures through Polyweld Tech Academy which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Need more info?
Acu-Tech’s supply of premium-quality HDPE Electrofusion Fittings is only paralleled by our brand of customer service. Contact us today for your queries and our sales team will gladly help you with EF fittings. Offering custom fabrication services and working with Europe’s leading manufacturers, we also help businesses who are in need of something more specific.
Need more info?
Our sales team is always here to help. For guidance or more information, call us on.