ACU-TECH PP-R – Pipe System for Warm, Hot and Cold Water Pipelines
Acu-Tech offers a new generation of high performance PP-R material (PP-RCT), a product that has led to a breakthrough for the advancement of PP pressure piping systems. The Acu-Tech PP-R system has been designed for the use both in sanitary applications for the supply of hot and cold water, and in the heating and air-conditioning industry. The system can also be used for industrial applications for transporting chemicals and liquid foods. PP-R is an acronym for Polypropylene Random Co-polymer.
Advantages of PP-RCT (Polypropylene Random Co-polymer with modified Crystalline structure and enhanced Temperature performance):
- Strength: 5.0 MPa at 70oC / 50 years, which is over 50% higher than standard PP-R at 3.2 MPa. This can offer significant cost savings by allowing smaller pipe sizing through higher system pressures.
- Higher Flow Rate: Up to 60% higher hydraulic capacity than standard PP-R Faser pipe, due to reduced pipe wall thickness.
- Cost Effective: The combination of high flow capacity / smaller pipe sizing and lighter weight pipe can offer a substantial cost advantage compared to traditional PP-R or metallic systems.
- PPR Pipe may be known as Coes pipe (pronounced ‘Coez’).
- Designed to withstand up to 1000 kPa at 70°C continuous for 50 years. Resistant up to 90°C at lower pressure.
- Non-corrosive. Excellent resistance to most chemicals.
- Highly resistant to lime scale build-up
- Manufactured from food grade material
- Socket Fusion jointing system create a monolithic structure that is stronger than the pipe itself, and completely leak-free. No dangerous chemicals or glues involved in jointing.
- Excellent sound insulation qualities
- Simple and quick to install
- Highly cost effective compared to traditional copper systems, particularly over the long term life of a building